President Trump is still the President today. We’ve resorted to checking hour-by-hour.
On Monday, the U.S. State Department’s website listed the premature end of Trump’s Presidency, prompting hysteria and speculation that he would resign. The State Department says that was a mistake.
Vice President Pence has said that he will work with the President to serve the remaining days of his term, tamping down on speculation that he will evoke the 25th Amendment to remove the President from office.
Democrats have put the articles of impeachment into motion and expect a passing vote in the House on Wednesday.
As for the fallout for the Capitol riots:
- At least 10 police officers are under investigation and two were suspended after the Capitol riots due to their “performance.”
- An executive at the Republican Attorneys General Association has resigned because the association sent a robocall encouraging participation in the march.
- Chad Wolf, the Acting Secretary of Homeland Security has resigned.
- The New York State Bar Association has begun the process to disbar Rudy Giuliani for his role in the riots.
- Lawmakers that were in lockdown during the riots together have started to test positive for Covid.